Monday, November 27, 2006

Beat Sources Are Great! (Beat, Week 2½)

Finally got to talk to some people invovled in my beat, St. Ignatius Church. And I was very pleasantly surprised, and grateful, at how helpful they were.

They were very nice and actually gave me more information than I needed.

I talked to Father Charles Gagan, S.J. and SI Sacristan Raymond Frost about the memorial altar for the month of November and they gave great insight into my story.

I then talked to Patricia Gagan and Theresa Bell about the brand new Lending Library of St. Ignatius. They were very informative as well.

So I have a ton of information, great notes... all I have to do is write my stories now, which is easier said than done, unfortunately, considering everything I have due in the last few weeks of school.

But I'm sure this is just a small, small taste of what it could be like in the real newsroom.

1 Comments:

Blogger ....J.Michael Robertson said...

Yes, life in the newsroom can be extremely hectic. One engages in a kind of "triage," that is, you do the best you can with what you have in the time available. If you are skilled enough and your journalistic judgment is good enough, the results will surprise even you! As for your beat topics, these are excellent. They are specific. They will be about something tangible, not some amorphous meandering opinion about some huge social issue.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home